Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Trip to Cambridge, MA

For the past few months I've been trying to visit Lesley University in Cambridge, MA, for Grad School. I had planned on attending the open house back in October, but got a job and was unable to take off. So I finally found a friend who wanted to take the trip with me, and we planned on going on January 3rd. Though we stumbled over setbacks [her having to pick up prescriptions, pushing our time of leaving back], we made it there around 11:30 AM. It was a 4 hour drive, and aside from the pain in my foot, it didn't feel at all like 4 hours, because well we occupied our time with tons of conversations and great country music.


When we got there we drove to the school to see where it was located, but then we drove back towards Harvard and found a park. We immediately knew we wanted to get out and explore, so we parked and began taking pictures. 

Afterwards, we continued to walk to Harvard's campus, taking pictures, and soaking in the scenery. Let me tell you, Harvard's campus is absolutely beautiful, especially on a cold winter day. Even though we were freezing, we kept walking, taking in all of our surroundings. The campus had incredibly big libraries, and not just one about three or four. Every building was just beautiful. We would've loved to go to grad school there, but unfortunately they do not have our major. 


Eventually we grew hungry and we decided to stop in Panera's because it was close to the school, and we didn't want to be late for our meeting. I know we should've tried a place that has seafood, but we were on a budget and didn't want to be late. It was pretty good, and the service there was awesome! The people were so nice and the manager was personally handing everyone their food.

We walked over to the school, a little early for our meeting. We eventually met with an advisor who was just as sweet as the employees at Panera. She gave us tons of information about the school, and the program that we would be in [Expressive Therapy]. Though the program was exactly what I was hoping it would be, having heard much about the school from my professor who attended there, the school itself did not meet my expectations. It's one building on the main street in Cambridge, and the bottom of it is filled with stores and shops. I was not a fan of walking up stairs to enter the actual school. 


After giving ourselves a tour of the school, we left with our hopes dampened. We decided to head into Boston to explore a bit, and it was well worth it, no matter how many times we got lost! I ended up finding Bunker Hill, without a GPS! We also found the North Church and tons of other buildings, including Fenway Park! I was an unofficial tour guide. Oh did I mention I actually hate driving? Surprisingly I didn't mind it that much while in Boston. 


Before we knew it it was getting dark and we were getting quite hungry. We wanted to stay outside of Boston, thinking it'd be cheaper. Little did we know, it was much harder to find a decent hotel outside of the city. After what seemed like hours of searching we finally found one. It was a Holiday Inn so we knew it was a good hotel. We ate at a small place right down the street, and had pizza. Why we ate pizza, I have no idea. I think we might've forgotten that we were in Massachusetts, and anywhere outside of Jersey & N.Y has horrible pizza. I'm sorry, but it's true. Try pizza in New Jersey, I promise you will love it! 


We settled in at the hotel soon after and then decided it was time for some research so we went into the 'Business Center' and typed away on the computers for the rest of the night. We found some other grad schools in various states, so hopefully one of them will satisfy our expectations! I am really excited to see what this year has in store, and hopefully it's grad school in a new state!

We went to bed quite early, at least for us, because we were extremely tired from running around and exploring the cities. The next morning we woke up, a little bit later than we had hoped, but early nonetheless. We made it just in time for breakfast, and then headed out. On our way home, in Connecticut, we stopped at several thrift stores, because who can skip over a great bargain! We finally made it home late in the afternoon.


The trip was pretty fun, but definitely tiring. I would explore any school with my friend again! It was a great experience to drive to a different state and explore the cities with no specific plan in mind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment