Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 6, 2012

Kyle's 20th Birthday

[Via Instagram: kristynnicole1]

A few weeks ago, my brother's friend decided to throw a little surprise birthday dinner at a place in Hoboken for my brother's birthday. She told him that she wanted to take him out alone, meanwhile she told all of his closest friends, as well as myself and Sal, to meet them at the restaurant.

Sal ended up getting out of work early that night, thankfully, and we hurried to the restaurant.
We didn't make it in time, but it turned out even better when we walked in, sat at the table and my brother looked up and started laughing! Prior to showing up, I was getting ready and he asked me where I was going, so I told him I was going to a bar with my friend (he had no idea Sal was leaving work early). My brother even invited me out to join him for dinner, but I quickly declined.


It was great seeing the smile on his face when he realized I was there. Dinner was delicious and the view on the Hudson River was gorgeous. I would definitely go there again.

[Via Instagram: kristynnicole1]

Now my brother and I weren't always close like this, but I am so glad we are now. It's incredible to live with one of your best friends, because that's seriously what he's been! I've looked up to him, even though he's my little brother, over the last few years because he's accomplished so much during his two years so far at college, and he's going to school to be a (get this...) DOCTOR! Yup, my brother the doctor. So whenever I think I can't do anything, especially when I was in school, I'd always think ... "My brother has it so much harder, and if he can do it - take tests and pass his extremely difficult classes - then so can I!"



I'm going to miss him when he goes off to school, but I will definitely be visiting often!

I love you Ky - Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful group!!!

    i'm glad your brother had such a nice birthday and that Sal got out of work early to enjoy the festivities.

    :)

    ReplyDelete