For my brother's birthday, I decided to surprise him by pre-ordering Victor Cruz's new book, Out of the Blue, thus securing him and my father a place in line at his book signing!
They're both huge Giants fans, and one year for Christmas, I bought them Giants tickets. Another time, I was able to meet David Diehl and score two signatures. I also met two other Giants players and got their signatures. The 'man cave' is starting to look pretty complete with all the Giants gear!
We got to the bookstore early, even though I already had a number in line - #86!
When we were allowed in the store, we waited in line for a bit longer. Cruz finally arrived and the line slowly moved little by little, as every one took their pictures and had their books signed. When it was our turn, I was nervous! Can you believe that? I was nervous to be the photographer; it wasn't as if I was shaking hands with Victor Cruz or asking him to sign my book. That was all my brother and my father.
They were psyched about meeting him, and my dad even cracked a little joke with Victor Cruz. I was surprised he didn't do the salsa though because he does it at home all of the time, especially when it's football season and the Giants win!
Afterwards, we went to an awesome burrito place in town - seriously, they were delicious. I hope I made me brother's day memorable - with a picture and book to prove it - I'm sure I did.








No comments:
Post a Comment