Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Celebration Date Night

When I passed my certification exam, I was extremely excited not only because I passed, but because my nights would no longer be filled with studying and reading. I must admit, I give Sal a lot of credit for coming over and sitting with me as I studied. So when I passed, Sal was just as excited as I was. We immediately planned to go out that weekend to celebrate. We chose to go to a restaurant a few towns over because the chef was a Chopped Champion.

I ordered a glass of white wine, while he ordered a beer. We cheered; I was now a Certified Child Life Specialist. The atmosphere was perfect, they put us in the back corner, so it felt like we were alone. We ordered mussels for our appetizer, but I must admit they weren't as good as we were hoping. I was really disappointed because I thought our whole entire meal was going to be bad. Thankfully we didn't leave, and we had amazing entrees, and the dessert wasn't too bad either!


Once the food was devoured, we just sat there enjoying each others company, sipping on our drinks, talking and laughing. Overall, I'd definitely recommend this restaurant, and the title is definitely deserved... just don't order the mussels!

Afterwards, we headed home, but not to call it a night! Instead, we picked up my brother and his friend and headed to the bowling alley. Sal and I hadn't been there in years, but we both looked at each other, knowing that the first time we hung out was at a bowling alley with two friends. We were 16 and apparently the bowling alley was the cool place to hang out, especially on Fridays during laser bowling!

We played boys v. girls and even though we won the first time, the boys got better throughout the night, and beat us, and then beat us again. I had the top score of the night, which I was pretty proud of - 132!


We still didn't go home after we left the bowling alley. We took a long drive, listening and singing to country music, and there's honestly no better way to end the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment