Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Pumpkins, Pumpkins, Pumpkins

As most of you already know, Halloween was postponed to November 5th in New Jersey, not like I was planning on going trick-or-treating, I think the cut off age is 22 right, that is until I have children of my own! Sal and I were planning on going to a halloween party, but with the after affects of hurricane Sandy and gas lines miles long, we decided against it.

On Halloween night though, I knew I wanted to hang out by the fire and carve and decorate our pumpkins. We had gone pumpkin picking and had left our pumpkins bare for weeks on end. Sal brought over his 'good knives' .. yes he has those and I got out my hot glue stick and jewels. Instead of carving like I usually did, I wanted to decorate it - I was Pinterest inspired!


Sal carved his pumpkin using a stencil, and it came out awesome, instead of the years prior (2009 & 2011) where he did it free-hand, where they weren't as awesome - sorry hun. Meanwhile I started using the hot glue gun, gluing jewels on to my tiny pumpkin. My pumpkin ended up taking a lot longer than planned, so Sal ended up watching most of it, but we were both happy with the results.

I can't believe this is the third time we've carved pumpkins together since we've been together. Isn't it incredible how some things become tradition... I must admit, this is a great tradition that I definitely want to continue in the years to come, and as we grow our own family, the pumpkins will grow as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment