Karena and Katrina thought it was time to gear up to be mentally and physically prepared for the busy holiday season that will be here before we know it! Just think, Thanksgiving is a little over a week away! They wanted us to be the most confident we could be before these holidays spring on us!
More about the Holiday Hottie Series:
"Let's all be Holiday Hotties...together!
Want to be part of the action? Sign up here! And be sure to download your grocery list below :)
Share the love on twitter and instagram with #HolidayHottie
Starting Monday here's what you beauties can expect:
~ Week one ~ ease into it! Rejuvinate your body, feed your spirit, learn the power of deep breaths, journaling and short meditations. This is your transition period! Think of it as a warmup ;)
~ Week two ~ Amp it up! Two workouts a day, the 5 Day Slim Down, holiday shopping lists ready to roll, and time to spare! This week, you'll continue to nourish your precious self with relaxation tips and inspiration...but you'll rock your body too!
Remember, hotties: YOU can do ANYTHING for two weeks!
Check the Blog every morning for your DAILY workout and Refresher Tip of the Day ~ these will include tasty recipes, stress relievers, motivation and organizational tips for holiday gift buying!"
The night before Holiday Hottie Week 1 began, I sat down and began to plan out my week of food and workouts, including my intentions. It's best to plan what you want to eat each day, so this way you steer clear of anything that's not on your meal plan. The workouts were to be provided by our trainers, of course, which really helped because it's like you had no other choice - they just had to be done!
By the end of the Holiday Hottie Series I want to:
- look and feel toned (loss of inches&gain of muscles)
- be confident and happy with my body
- remain positive, less stressed and relaxed
- be ready to bring on the holidays with family and friends in a healthier way
Monday I planned the Cowabunga (x3) workout in the morning and had scheduled kickboxing for the afternoon, which worked out perfectly. I ended up having 6 meals, spaced out about 3 hours each. After completing the workout in the AM, I refueled with a bombshell spell (special drink for those that are members and have the nutrition plan) and a pumpkin protein pancake, talk about delicious. For my snacks I had natural pb on a banana with granola (AM) and a larabar (PM). For lunch I enjoyed power packed beans and rice, and for dinner I had the lemon garlic chicken with broccoli (two recipes from the plan). Day 1 was done and had gone over quite perfectly.
Tuesday - Day 2 - went just as well. Instead of doing 5K training by myself, I decided to wait until Sal and I could train together. It ended up being perfect because K&K posted a Cardio Circuit workout (x3), which was a very difficult workout that I fell in love with, talk about a sweat fest. I was able to beat some of my personal bests (1 mile & 1K)!
I enjoyed a bombshell spell and a no huevos wrap in the morning, followed by a luna bar. For lunch, I made the chicken summer salad (again from the plan), and had a protein shake right after my workout. For dinner, when I came home from work I enjoyed a turkey burger wrap with tons of veggies! Another day in the books!
Wednesday went well too with malibooty (x3) planned for my workout for the day. I enjoyed the bombshell spell and a protein pancake for breakfast, and natural pb and granola on an apple. For lunch, I made a wrap with turkey and cucumber slices. Afterwards, I had a luna bar, and for dinner I had pomegranate blueberry great grains cereal with almond milk - delicious and quick!
Thursday was just as great, with a Slim Without the Gym (x4) workout planned, as well as a 2 minute plank in the morning, and a 5K on the tread climber in the afternoon. I had a bombshell spell, as well as a protein pancake, which are delicious, for breakfast. Afterwards, I had an apple, and eventually a kale salad for lunch. In the afternoon, I had a luna bar, and for dinner I made an egg white omelet with strawberries because I got home from work late.
As you can tell I like taking pictures of my abs, so I can see the difference in the workouts, and to look back on each day, seeing how far I've come! It really makes all the difference to me at least, and motivates me to do better and workout harder. I can promise there are no ab pictures on Friday.
Friday was 'Me Day' because I had absolutely no plans. I planned to do the long&lean routine and a toning move (20 x3). I wanted to rest because I knew I had the CKO Kickboxing 90 minute Challenge the next day (more on that in an upcoming post). I tried berry good oatmeal (another meal from the plan) and hated it ... I am just not an oatmeal fan - at all. I then had a greek yogurt, while I started to bake and cook for the weekend. For lunch I enjoyed chicken, brown rice, tomatoes, black beans, avacado, and salsa... yes, I had a spanish/mexican food craving this week. I then had a fiber plus bar, and eventually for dinner I enjoyed steamed chicken, broccoli, and a small serving of the pumpkin and carrot soup I made.
Before I ate dinner, and before anyone came home, I meditated for 15 minutes, while I enjoyed a DIY pumpkin facial. It was extremely relaxing and a perfect way to end the week.
For dessert I had a piece of the healthy dark chocolate cake and scoop of perfect fit ice cream that I also made (recipes may or may not be posted soon). It was absolutely delicious, and it didn't taste like I was eating anything healthy, so it was a bit dangerous. While I also made sweet crock pot apples, I didn't have them for dessert, talk about a sugar overload, healthy sugar that is!
This week definitely prepared me for the 5 day slim down that was planned for the following week, and I'm certainly feeling like a holiday hottie already!









GREAT JOB!!! What an inspiration and I admire you for documenting all of it!Fantastic abs, by the way! I hope week 2 goes just as good!
ReplyDeleteThanks girl! I appreciate the support!!
Delete