This year, there were no surprises for Sal on his birthday like there were last year. He didn't mind though, because he had some plans of his own. He's been obsessed with How I Met Your Mother for the past few months and wanted to make his 23rd birthday LEGEND... wait for it ... DARY! So of course he decided to make everyone SUIT UP! I told the girls that he invited to wear plaid shirts though because we were headed back to Colorado Cafe, one of the few country bars in NJ, with a mechanical bull that is sure to make anyone's trip worthwhile!
That afternoon, before we headed to the bar, I gave him one of his presents and then we decided to grab a birthday lunch - my treat. A burger and fries was all he wanted, and even though I wanted the waiters and waitresses to sing to him, I decided against it, for which he was all too grateful for. It's okay, I'll get him next year ;)
We got our cowboy boots on, and dressed to impress, no seriously... suit, tie, black pants, and for me a dress.
When we arrived, we weren't the first ones there, and soon all of his friends were there. Everyone stared at us, and one person even asked why we were all dressed up - of course, Sal told him it was for his birthday and the guy was instantly upset because it was his birthday too and all him and his friends had on were party hats! We laughed until it hurt, and some of us drank a little too much, and with myself being the D.D, I was able to watch everyone have fun and snap a few pictures here and there. Most of his friends took their turns riding the bull, and it was great to try and see who could stay on the longest.
Everyone's music was played, because Friday nights they play all different genres, and so we all made our way to the dance floor several times during the night.
Even though we left before everyone, Sal had an incredible night with all of his friends. You know you had a good night when you need a taylor ham, egg and cheese on a bagel the next morning!
Happy Birthday Salvatore! I love you, and I hope you had a truly legendary night. Here's to the next year!
[via instagram: kristynnicole1]








No comments:
Post a Comment