Synopsis According to Barnes&Noble:
Isabella Swan's move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Isabella's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Isabella, the person Edward holds most dear. The lovers find themselves balanced precariously on the point of a knife-between desire and danger. Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight captures the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires. This is a love story with bite.
My Review:
I never read books twice, but Twilight is definitely a book that I could read over and over again, and still fall deeper into the story. No matter where I'm reading this book, I feel as if I'm in Forks, standing right next to Bella and Edward from the meadow to the ballet studio. Reading it this second time, it was exactly how I remembered it, each and every chapter. I absolutely love how easily Bella and Edward's relationship develops so quick, but so gradually... neither of them can stay away from each other, from the moment they first lay eyes on each other. Readers are able to feel the passion and imagine the scenes playing in their heads. Bella and Edward have the kind of love where they can't be away from the other; minutes feel like hours. I know it may sound like a teenagers first love, but this is something so much more - they never had a choice.
Not only does their relationship develop quickly, but their love grows like wildfire. They spend nights talking, talking about theories of what Edward could be, and how although he tells her he's dangerous, they both know there's nothing they can do - they're already in love.
I never noticed it when I read it the first time, but there is a ton of foreshadowing, between Jacob being a wolf, Edward talking about leaving to keep Bella safe, and Bella talking about hurting herself to keep Edward close - of course we find none of this out until the last few pages of Twilight and the beginning of New Moon. While Edward is brutally honest with Bella in the meadow - wanting to kill her, but going to extreme measures not to by going to Alaska and trying to ignore her, "the lion fell in love with the lamb." Their love, though it's seemingly unnatural, feels so natural, so right. They are the most important things in each others lives. I feel like I can relate to the relationship between Bella and Edward, especially Bella feeling so lost without him, needing to be with him 24/7.
The end becomes more intense as readers flip the page - from Bella discovering the history of the Cullen's, which is fascinating and interesting... how they came to be and how they possess powers, or rather their senses intensified in their new life. I found Alice's previous life to be the most interesting, because she didn't remember her human life, having been in an asylum before she was changed into a vampire.
While Bella was tricked so so easily into meeting up with her enemy, I'm so glad that Edward made it on time and that the ending was more or less a happy one, at prom - leaving readers thinking that he's going to bite her and turn her into a vampire. However, I will say that I found the fight scene to be a little dull, at least when you compare it to those in the following books.
I would recommend this book, and the saga, to anyone. It has a little bit of everything for everyone - love and passion, fight scenes and suspense, and mystery.
"What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy? He smiled playfully, but his eyes were impenetrable" (page 92).
"Because when I thought of him, of his voice, his hypnotic eyes, the magnetic force of his personality, I wanted nothing more than to be with him right now" (page 139).
My Rating: 5 Stars









No comments:
Post a Comment