Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Trip to Central Park

I live roughly 20 minutes away from NYC. I can take a train, bus, or car, and be there in no time. Yet, I've never been to Central Park, even though I've always wanted to go. Imagine, a picnic basket, a blanket laid out, and a homemade lunch with your love? Yup, that's definitely on my bucket list, but it can only be done in the spring or summer.


So when my friend asked me to go to Central Park with her one day, I was a little hesitant because it was pretty cold out, dark, and rainy. However, I said yes, because I knew without a doubt that we could make it fun. A few weeks ago, we hopped on a bus and headed to NY. We shared way too many laughs, and probably annoyed a lot of people on the way there. When we arrived we walked 20 or so blocks to Columbus Circle, and noticed that there were little shops set up for the holidays. We walked around, peeking in at all the shops. The feeling in the air was joyous and calm, as the holidays were fast approaching. Even though we didn't buy anything, we definitely felt just as much joy as the customers.


Afterwards, we started our walk into Central Park, but little did we know how big it actually was. We took a picture of the map, and several other beautiful scenic spots, and even had other ladies take a picture of us! We trekked through Central Park while the rain came down, not minding a bit that we were slowly getting soaked. However, little did we know that we were slowly going in a circle, and an hour later we were back in the same place that we started in! We didn't see half of Central Park, but by that point we were hungry, so we decided to head back towards the bus station to grab something to eat. We promised that we'd come back on a warmer, less rainy day to see the rest of Central Park, or at least another section!


Leave it to the most indecisive people to take another hour to decide where to eat, but finally we settled on a place that had a little bit of everything so that it wasn't so hard to choose what to eat! We discussed plans for my birthday and our new bucket list of all the things we want to do before she leaves to live across the country!


We eventually grabbed Jamba Juice and coffee and headed back to NJ. I can't wait to make more memories before she leaves.



Go to Central Park

No comments:

Post a Comment