Hunter Hayes opened up for Carrie Underwood, and I have to admit, he was just as good in concert as he was on the many country awards shows that I've seen him on and on the radio. While he's still young and only at the beginning of the career, I can definitely see him having an unbelievable music career. I didn't know some of his songs, but it didn't bother me; instead I just sang the songs I did know a little bit louder to make up for it. He ended up coming back on stage to sing a duet with Carrie Underwood, which was fantastic - they seriously sounded great together (though I'm not sure I can say it was her best duet - I mean, she sang with Brad Paisley - talk about amazing!)
Two memorable things happened during her concert (no Sal didn't propose!), Carrie Underwood brought a class of children from a local school on stage to sing with her, and it was indescribable... I just had to videotape the whole thing, and a short while after, Carrie was on a flying stage, literally soaring above all her fans, singing her heart out. She told the crowd that we should be careful what we ask for, because she asked for a stage that enabled her to be closer to all of her fans, and that is exactly what she got.
She is the most talented country artist, and performer, that I've ever seen in my life, though it may be only my opinion, I'm sure many, many others can agree. Her voice is beyond incredible, and even more so in person. Not only is she an amazing artist, but she is also an amazing person - helping those less fortunate whenever she can. Just the other day on December 14th, when she held a concert in Des Moines, Iowa, she became sick and knew that she sounded different due to laryngitis... while she persevered through the entire performance, she realized that she needed to give back and therefore donated all her ticket sales, estimated at $483,000, back to the community. This was because she felt as if she couldn't give 100%, and felt guilty having made money because of that. I'm sure her fans would have understood because she's only human, but it's still such a generous thing to do.
Though I've seen her twice already in a two-year span, I would go see her again tomorrow if I could. I am a Carrie Underwood fan through and through and feel so blessed having had the chance to see her not once, but twice. Sal had such a great time at the concert, and definitely agrees that she has the best legs in the business!








No comments:
Post a Comment