Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, July 8, 2012

50 Shades Darker: Book Review

I was able to start reading this book on the plane ride home from vacation. After the first book, I was unable to stop reading Ana & Christian's story - instantly hooked and completely obsessed. EL James needs to continue to write these books because I just wanted to keep going back for more!

Synopsis According to Barnes & Noble:


Daunted by the singular tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront the anger and envy of the women who came before her, and make the most important decision of her life.
This book is intended for mature audiences. 

My Review:
As soon as I read the last few pages of book one, Fifty Shades of Grey, I knew I needed to keep reading. Ana had just left Christian, believing that she could not be what he wanted her to be - his submissive. Their story is obviously not over though, and Christian decides that Ana is all he wants her to be, so he decides to change up the 'contract' - throwing it away in a sense, and slowly, sometimes unwillingly, giving away control. The sex scenes are incredible, as is the story line. I actually liked this book a lot more than I liked Fifty Shades of Grey because Ana and Christian were dating and other character were thrown into the story, making my heart beat fast and emotions run high. I'd like to think that if I was Ana, I would have been able to walk away from Mr. Grey, but I'm not sure I would have had the guts, though on the other hand, I don't think I could have given him what he wanted, not enough to sign the contract anyways. I didn't think Christian had it in him to change either, but he did, in a sense. Readers also have the chance to peek into Christian's past, and figure out partially, why he is the way he is - meeting a former submissive and the women who made Christian the dominant that he is. Why the mask? Well, what kind of a book would this be without a masquerade charity ball? Not sexy enough, I'll tell you that.

I loved the ending of this book, and couldn't wait to keep reading. 

Laters, baby.

My Rating: 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment