Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 23, 2012

Family Reunion 2012

Last year, in 2011, we had our big family reunion on the 4th of July. I made an amazing flag cheesecake, using blueberries and strawberries. It was absolutely delicious. This year, the party was on the weekend following 4th of July, but I still volunteered to bake. It was extremely hot the day of the party, so I'm so glad that I didn't bring cupcakes or anything else with icing, because it definitely would have melted. I decided to make cake mix cookies, and they came out great. The recipe is super simple, and I'll definitely be making them again. You'll be able to find the recipe on my baking blog.

[ via instagram: kristynnicole1 ]

Last year it rained pretty much the entire party, and this year we had the exact opposite problem. It was extremely hot - so hot that you could see the sweat drip off of everyone. Once everyone had arrived though, we barely noticed. We were too busy catching up and meeting new relatives. 


It's amazing to think that I am related to all of these individuals. 


There were even more people this year, than last year, and I'm guessing the number will continue to rise each year that follows. 


We all had a great time, and I cannot wait to see everyone again next year, and some I'll even have the chance to see throughout the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment