Synopsis According to Barnes & Noble:
A husband can be good for a number of things:
- Companionship (when he's home)
- Household repairs (if he's handy)
- Good loving (if you're lucky), but . . . no girl needs a husband seven days a week!
Marie needs her "stay-at-home husband" to clean the house and babysit the kids, so she can take care of business coast-to-coast . . . and enjoy some harmless flirting on the side.
Mai's perfectly content to be the perfect wife to a successful corporate superstar—throwing lavish parties and organizing gala charity fundraisers. But it's funny how quickly everything can change with just a single phone call . . . from prison!
And high-powered ad exec Kennedy believes the best husband is no husband at all. Hot encounters with a succession of studs keep her going strong as she climbs to the top of her profession.
A spouse is fine as long as he doesn't screw up the rest of your life. Now three lovely ladies who think they have this "husband" thing all worked out are about to learn that, when it comes to love and marriage, "perfection" can always be improved upon. And it's going to be one wild ride!
My Review:
When I bought this book, I was intrigued, but my interest in the book decreased as I flipped the pages. The characters were interesting, and I'm sure the readers could relate to one of them, whether it's Kennedy who's been hurt by an ex who had a wife, and now enjoys keeping men at arms length, Mai who is a stay-at-home mom to three children, who has a husband who ends up in jail, or Marie who is married with two children, but has a stay-at-home husband, while she flirts ALOT on her business trips. I enjoyed the male and female perspectives in each chapter, because I was able to see both sides of the relationship. However, it was an extremely slow book and it grew boring at times. There was poor editing, and several times the author mixed up the names of the characters.
I became frustrated, not only with the author, but with the characters, when the women in the story couldn't communicate with their husbands. I guess that has to do with my personality though, because I have no problem communicating my feelings or thoughts to Sal. Halfway through the book there seemed to be more secrets and deception than anything. Towards the end, it was predictable what would occur, and everything bad happened to everyone at once.
I finished in a day, because it wasn't worth anymore time than that.
"Marriage is what you make it." (page 83)
My Rating: 1 Star









No comments:
Post a Comment