Before I painted it, it used to be a light green, sort of like the color of my blog. Afterwards, it was a light grey. My mom was a little hesitant with painting it grey because she didn't want it to look smaller or darker, but she reluctantly let me paint it.
Before the Paint
After the Paint
Then once the paint dried, I was able to move my furniture around, in order to change my room up a bit. Though my furniture is years old, I decided I wasn't going to buy new furniture until I moved out, thus using what I had!
On the wall that had my TV against it, I decided to add shelves to hold the two candle holders that I made, as well as the 'K', and dried out flowers from my first Valentine's Day with Salvatore (I was able to save one rose from each of the six dozen flowers. It all went together quite nicely, especially with the Eiffel Tower lamp from Target!
It's funny how all the walls are the same color grey, but the picture taken above was on a sunny day, and the one before that was on a rainy day, so you can tell the difference between the natural light and the light in my room.
My duvet cover and pillows were from Bed, Bath & Beyond, while the Live, Laugh, Love frames above my bed were from Kohls - they're absolutely adorable with a bow at the top of each one. The yellow/green frame holding the picture of Paris, was painted. It used to be an oak color, until I painted it to match. The other frame holding the picture of NY was found at Walmart. I liked pairing the plastic look with the wood look, I think it makes it look original.
Next to my bed is my bookcase that can be seen here, in a previous blog post.
On the other side of the room is my desk and dresser. Above my desk is a calendar, as well as several frames holding my awards. I have yet to get a frame for my diploma, but that'll be up there soon enough.
On my desk, is a painting from Dominican Republic. I found a stand at Target for cheap, however, it was brown, so I painted it black to match.
Right next to my desk is my dresser.
I still would love to have an area rug to match, but I'm in the middle of deciding if I want to get a new comforter set once the fall comes. The duvet cover, on top of a comforter bought at IKEA, isn't really that warm. So we shall see!








No comments:
Post a Comment