Today was such a busy day. I can't even believe I made it all the way through it without passing out in class. I had an 8:30 AM class this morning, so I was up by 7:20 AM. I battled through two classes, and then had a break from 11:15 AM to 1:00 PM; therefore my friend and I decided to hit up the gym on campus. We ended up working out for a good hour, even stopping to talk to a girl from our cohort classes freshman year, who we dearly missed. Afterwards, we grabbed a quick snack and were off to class again till 2:15 PM. I then met up with my other friend; one that I started getting close with last semester during two brutal Saturday morning classes. We discussed how we are now in the same major and decided to get lunch. After lunch we attended a Child Life Meeting. There, we discussed our problems and questions we had, and proposed ideas as to how to make this major work for us, whether it be with frequent workshops, or mentor programs. I even got to speak with my professor for the course I started last night. When I got home, I barely had any time to relax, before I was out of the house, chatting and studying with Alisa at Barnes and Noble. So here they are.. my three blessings...
1. Going to and Working Out at The Gym
I have visited the gym on campus, which is free by the way, several times before. I just haven't gotten into the right state of mind to go once or twice every week for at least a whole semester. Things always come up, making me or my partner have to bail. I wish I had the guts to go by myself; maybe if I knew what to do at the gym, I'd go alone, but I'm kind of lost sometimes with all those big machines. So for now I grab a partner. It's amazing how good my body feels after I go to the gym. Even though I'm rather sweaty, I just feel so accomplished and fit after a nice workout. Hopefully this semester I will continue going to the gym.
2. Talking to and Hanging Out With My Friends and Family
I just love being surrounded by people, especially those that I love. When I'm around these people all day, and then I go home and the house is quiet, I get kind of bummed out. I love being surrounded by chatter and laughter. It's just such a great fulfilling feeling [say that 10x's fast]. So today I surrounded myself with new and old friends, some made in new classes, others still along for this ride I call life, but there was laughter all day. Whether I was trying to get lunch with Bridget, at the gym with Hayley, in my Psych class introducing myself to a group without telling them my name, people watching at B&N with Alisa, or at home with my daddy, I was nonstop laughing all day. It's also always nice to talk to those you care about, but can't be with physically at the moment, through texts or phone calls. I'm sure you've experienced smiling when you receive a text message from that special someone, and you look around to see if any one noticed? :]
3. Child Life Meeting
At this informal meeting, I met with many people who are going to be with me while I fulfill the requirements to become a child life specialist. Students, as well as professors, and department heads, were there to explain things that had been on my mind about my new major. We discussed workshops we could have, whether they are about the exams, cultural differences in hospitals, internships, professionalism, or mentorship. Like I said before, I also had a chance to talk one on one with my professor for Intro to Child Life. She was amazingly nice and so easy to talk to. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to meet these people and get a better understanding as to what my future has in store. I'm also grateful that Bridget has asked that she be my mentor, because she's one step ahead of me, and thinks she can really help me out. That is until we're competing for the same job ;]









No comments:
Post a Comment