Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Three Blessings _ Week of 9.20.10

As I continue doing these three blessings every week, I've really come to realize, much of this comes from being with people, as well as hearing compliments on things I love, or enjoy doing. It's interesting to see what I choose at the end of the day. Try it, maybe you'll surprise yourself?

Monday
1. Seeing my 'sister'
     I've been friends with this girl since forever. We grew up together on my block, and although she's two years younger, we're still super close. She's like my little sister, we go to each other when we need help with our problems. Sometimes we don't see each other often, but we know we're always a phone call, or a few steps away. I love her, seriously. 

2. Talking to my brother
     Since my brother went to school in a different state, I can't just walk down the hallway to see him, but I do try to talk to him as often as I can. Monday I talked to him for pretty much an hour, about everything and anything. I miss him so much. 

3. Hearing I'm beautiful
     I don't know about you guys, but I love hearing I'm beautiful, not pretty, or sexy or hot, but beautiful. I think it's such a passionate, meaningful word, but yet not many guys use the word. When I heard I was, I wanted to break down, but I just smiled that smile that you give guys that do something sweet to you :]

Tuesday
1. Starting my new job
     What can I say? I LOVE it. I was a little hesitant and awkward at first, but it's so great! All I do is.... ICE CUPCAKES! It's the most fun, entertaining job, EVER. I have learned so much so far, and have tasted some really amazing cupcakes. LOVE IT!

2. Child Life class
     As always, I learned so much about my future career, after changing it a bunch of times. I cannot wait to use the skills I'm learning now, in an actual hospital. Advice is definitely needed.

     My dad grows eggplants in the backyard, but we have WAY TOO MANY. All my dad learned how to cook was eggplant parm, which don't get me wrong is delicious, but can be a little too much weeks on end. So, I looked up eggplant recipes and found an amazing one for eggplant fries. Let me just tell you, they were great and my dad is in love with them! ha

Wednesday
1. Lunch with a friend
     In between classes, I met up with a high school friend, who I'm still super close with for lunch. We ate and talked about pretty much everything and anything. It's great catching up with people you haven't been able to because life is just so chaotic. 

2. Great day at work
     Pretty much loved work. Each day I learn more and more about what I'm doing right, what I could be doing better, etc. It's so interesting to work with food, especially cupcakes. There are a million things you can create with a mixer ;]

3. B&N with my best friend
     Okay, so we might not get a lot of work done, okay so we don't get any work done, but we still enjoy each other's company and laugh at strangers. Is that bad? Oh well... it's too much fun to stop! It's just our place to relax, and rewind. 

Thursday
1. Carrie Underwood
     She honestly makes me so much happier. It's like her lyrics describe my life at any given day. She is not only beautiful, but an amazing singer too. I'm going to her concert in November and couldn't be more excited! My cousin is coming with and I've been preparing by listening to all of her cds, so we can sing together!

2. Making a new cupcake on accident
     So, in baking there is no such thing as a mistake... sort of. I iced a cupcake wrong, wrong in the fact that it was supposed to be a chocolate cupcake, not a vanilla one. So I ended up creating something new, that some people actually enjoyed. I was so worried I'd be reprimanded and yelled at, but they laughed and sold them anyways! It was a great feeling!

3. Eating a cupcake from work
     I'm not sure if I should admit this, but I had never tasted a cupcake at the place I work at before applying. I'm not saying that I didn't want to, but I just never had the chance. Therefore, when I was given the opportunity that night to try one, I jumped! They were delicious! I tried three flavors, and even brought them home to my parents to try with me! 

Friday
1. Seeing my brother for the first time in a month [seemed shorter!]
     I swear I thought only two weeks passed since I last saw him, but it was pretty much a month! A whole month! Boy was I excited. I gave him the biggest hug, and was so happy to see him. We quickly got back in the groove of our relationship, you know me punching him, him beating me up. haha oh brotherly sisterly love <3

2. Dinner with parents and brother
     First night we saw him, we were able to take him out to dinner off campus. It was quiet, but enjoyable. We caught up on everything and talked about the future weeks [he's coming home in a week!] I even gave him a late birthday present [okay, a really late birthday present considering his birthday was in July, but I just hadn't found the perfect gift]. It was so nice catching up and just talking. 

3. Feeling the cool fall air, with the mountains in view
     Pennsylvania is without a doubt one of the most beautiful places in the United States. Walking out of the restaurant, you can see the mountains with the changing leaves, and feel the cool air. It was almost too beautiful to bare. It definitely made the night even better, and extremely peaceful.

Saturday
1. Sitting outside the hotel with my family
     The hotel was absolutely gorgeous. It looked like it could've been pulled out of Arizona, and place on the hills on Pennsylvania. I couldn't get enough of it. Although it was new, it was the fact that it was so serene that really made it worthwhile. You walk outside and there's huge comfy chairs surrounding a firepit, that was lit on every night. It was just perfect.

2. Toy Story 3
     GREAT MOVIE. SAD, BUT GREAT! If you haven't seen it, I suggest you do. However I do suggest that you don't let your kids watch it, because it's kind of scary if you're scared of creepy, bossy, mean toys, fires, and your favorite toys ever! Gosh I can't believe Andy is all grown up, seems like only yesterday he was getting Buzz for her birthday.

3. Going out with my brother & his friends
     My brother took me out around campus that night. It was incredibly enjoyable to experience what he had been experiencing for several weeks, and what I seem to be missing out on by not dorming. I will definitely be going back again!

Sunday
1. Flea market
     I got another great steal! $.50 for a book that was originally almost $14.00. I love buying books. This was especially special though, because I was with my whole family, looking at great finds most likely from people's attics and garages. 

2. Church
     Now I was never into church, and it was never enforced by my parents, but my brother ended up at a Jesuit school so it's in his daily activities. We decided to go with him, and it was surprisingly nice. I mean I was a little uncomfortable, but I realized everyone is there for the exact same thing. This older lady next to me must have been sick, but she was shaking, a lot. I felt so bad for her, I just wanted to hug her, but in my mind that's a little odd and I didn't want to scare her. I did a lot of praying that day as well... post to follow. 

3. Saying goodbye
     It was a blessing. I didn't cry this time like I cried the last two times. I knew my brother was truly happy there, and he was doing so well. He's growing up and I can't stop him, so all I can do is enjoy the ride, and be there to push him along the way. 

Ever think about your three blessings today?

No comments:

Post a Comment