Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, September 20, 2010

things that have made me happy...

So here is the continuation of my three blessings for the past few days. I've decided I'm going to do 21 blessings for the week, that's three a day, but in one post this way it's easier for me and I don't have to post the same thing every day. 


Wednesday
1. Babysitting my little munchkins from my old daycare job 
     Although I gave their mom my phone number in case she ever needed a babysitting, I actually didn't expect her to call, but I'm SO happy she did. I got to see one of the little girls in my preschool class, and her little brother. She's in kindergarten now and is doing so well. I even helped her with homework. It was great spending a few hours with them; they're such well-behaved, happy children!


2. Winning $5.00 on a lottery ticket
     I showed up a little too early to the house where I was going to babysit, so I decided to stop at the local store to pick up lottery tickets. I spent $5.00 on two lottery tickets, and ended up winning $5.00 on one of them! I was a happy girl!


3. Finishing two papers for one class
     I hadn't expected to finish these papers, or maybe I did but I thought I'd be up way late. I finished one before I went babysitting. I got home from babysitting around 8:30 P.M and was able to finish the other one in about an hour. It was a great, accomplished feeling.


Thursday
1. Figuring out a group project
     In my cultural diversity and families class we were assigned to do a class project, in which we would design and develop a grant proposal based on diverse families. My group chose children with gay/lesbian parents. We were quick to come up with some great ideas on presentation styles and what our paper would consist of and it felt great to have some of that down on paper. 


2. Barnes & Noble with daddy
     We went to Barnes & Noble that night because I needed a self-help book for my psychology of adjustment class, in order to do a paper. While I looked at the self-help books, he was quick to head to the cookbook section, and I soon followed him after I found my book [after searching for rows and rows; I never knew how many problems people could actually have & write about!]. We looked at cookbooks, and bonded over small talk, and laughed about how much Rosetta Stone cost!


3. Late night talks with my best friend
     She came over later that night and we just talked, like we usually do, expressing all our emotions about certain things, whether it be boys, T.V shows, or school. We just have so much to talk about. I feel she is one of the few people that I can tell anything to. It's great having that feeling. 


Friday
1. Getting a new job
     Now I don't want to say too much about it, because I want it to last and tomorrow [Tuesday] is my first day! Just know it's something I have been really wanting to do, and learn how to do. I was so excited when I got that phone call and the emotions running through me at that time and even right now are so high! I cannot wait.


2. Movies with the girls
     Easy A. Hysterical. Girls Night Out. Go see it. You will not stop laughing. After Applebees, we caught the movie at 8:50 P.M, and even though we got out late, I'd say the $11.00 for the movie ticket was well worth it. 


3. Hearing the happiness in my daddy's voice
     I called my dad as soon as I got the job and I could just tell he was smiling as he told me how happy he was for me. Usually he expects phone calls with problems [something wrong with my car, etc] but this time it was something amazing, fantastic, and joyful. It's not only something that's going to make me happy, but it's also going to make my dad happy too :]


Saturday
1. Going to Chef Central with my daddy!
     It's seriously heaven for chefs and bakers. Yes, I am in love with this place and intend on going here every time I need something for my baking habit, obsession, love. It had everything & it even has classes that people can take! Talk about a fun place to meet people who like the same things as you!


2. Library Finds
     Post to follow :] Just know, I scored big time!


3. Hanging out with my best friend
     Seriously I cannot get enough of this girl! We went to Barnes & Noble to get some work done [ha, what else is new? that place is like my second home]. Then after we had dinner separately, we joined back up again to hit up Target, where I bought my dog a toy for $.27! yup you read that right, 27 cents! It was great! Then we TRIED to go to a local cafe, but got lost in process, only to show up when they were already closed! The ride itself was hysterical though, and I'm actually glad we didn't get to go to the cafe', hey there's always next time. 


Sunday
1. Farmer's market with daddy
     We go here every sunday and each week it gets better and better. We bought strawberries, honeydew, cantaloupe, and a peppers that were still on the branch! It was amazing! I had never seen something like that, and of course my dad couldn't pass it up! I love the farmer's market, especially compared to a grocery store, because you get everything for much cheaper and the people who sell the items grow it themselves!


2. Visiting and catching up with my cousin
     My cousin is turning thirty this upcoming month, so she's about 10 years older than me, but we were always close. At times we go weeks without talking, but when we do it's like we just jumped right back to where we used to be. She's seriously amazing and I look up to her, at times. We bought tickets to go see Carrie Underwood in November and I cannot wait! She also made me a bunch of CDs; she is seriously the greatest!


3. Baking Cupcakes
     LOVE IT - want to read more about it - visit my baking blog here




Hope your week was just as happy as mine!

2 comments: